Never plug anything into the computer. Only use internal speakers. None of these worked for me. Was listening to a Vimeo, nipped away and when I came back had no sound. Only thought is perhaps the kitten walked over the keyboard. All of a sudden, no sound. I restarted.
No sound. I shut down and rebooted. No sound except the startup sound upon turning the iMac back on. The dB shows zero on my transcription software program, and I hear nothing on YouTube or Facebook or anywhere. There are no drop-down or any other options, certainly nothing about Internal Speakers-Built In. Never mind.
8 macOS Sierra Menu bar tips you'll use | Computerworld
My kitten stepped on and turned off the power strip, which shut off the external speakers. Problem solved. Except how to keep him from doing that again.
- vlc movie player mac free download.
- Repairing the mysteriously muted Mac.
- How to use, troubleshoot, and repair your Mac;
- My sound icon has greyed out! - Apple Community.
- mac adobe flash player free.
- No sound or volume coming from MacBook - How to Fix - iPhone No Sound.
- How to fix a Mac that's not playing sound.
No sound from internal speakers or headphones on my iMac running Sierra. Happened suddenly after working well for months after installing Sierra. How can I restore internal speakers to the Sound Pane? Very grateful for help. I have the same problem. Nothing fixed it.
I have the notion that it might be connected to an overnight itunes Restarting solves the problem, but this has happened 3 times the past few weeks, and its pretty annoying having to reboot every time,. There are instructions on ifix it. The screws inside seemed to be slightly larger than the ones outside so I used some paper towel between the screw and the screwdriver to give it the grip it needed.
MacBook Air Before we get started After spending over 20 years working with Macs, both old and new, theres a tool I think would be useful to every Mac owner who is experiencing performance issues. Tags airpods blue tooth Bluetooth bluetooth headphones bluetooth.
You may also like. Analyze your memory usage, with Activity Monitor 5 months ago. About the author. View All Posts. Jessica Thornsby Jessica Thornsby is a technical writer based in Sheffield. Is this a good question? Yes No. Voted Undo.
- How to enable Do Not Disturb in macOS and silence notifications.
- histograms in excel mac 2008;
- Mac: Can’t Adjust The Sound Volume Level, Fix!
- Macbook 2,1 Built In Sound Stopped Working after Snow Leopar - June - Forums - CNET;
- Sound Control - App Volumes and Equalizer for Mac | Static Z Software?
- review mcafee internet security for mac?
- Windows 10 System Icons in Notification Area Are Grayed Out.
Score 4. Look into the headphone jack - do you see a read light?
Has anyone solved this please? Android Fix Kits.
No sound or volume coming from MacBook (5 Fixes)
A new screen or battery is one kit away. Chosen Solution. Jon Ridley thebookyard Rep: 5. Was this answer helpful?
Fix Volume Stuck on Mute & Grayed Out Mac
Score 1. Most Helpful Answer. Robinson M robinqris Rep: 5 2 1. Plug your headphones back in.
[Solved] FaceTime Icon Greyed Out in Contacts
Play a bit of sound through them e. Make sure Preferences is quit. Launch Preferences and open the Sound pane. While the Sound pane is open and set to Headphones, pull out the headphone plug from the jack.
It will reset itself to "Internal Speakers" and you are good to go Score Worked perfectly. Worked for me as well! I was getting stressed out about it :. Try manually deleting the following folder and doing a reboot. This didn't help.